1. Norms for priestly formation. This
contains the new edition of the RATIO FUNDAMENTALIS INSTITUTIONIS
SACERDOT ALIS. 4th edition, 1995 of the Sacred Congregation for
2. Directives concerning the
preparation of seminary educators. Qualities of seminary educators,
the roles of rectors, spiritual directors, teachers and the place of
lay men and women and permanent deacons. Congregation for
3. The formation of priests in the
circumstances of the present day. Pastores Dabo Vobis. Pope John
Paul II (PDV) 1992, Vatican City, Libreria Vaticana.
The formation of priests in circumstances of the present day.
Lineamenta for the 1990 Synod of Bishops in Rome.
Instruction on the study of the Fathers of the Church in the
formation of priests. Congregation for Catholic Education.
6. Spiritual formation in the Catholic seminary. From
the Secretariat of the U.S. bishops Committee on Priestly Formation.
7. Presbyterorum Ordinis: Decree on the ministry and life
of priests. Vatican II.
8. Optatam Totius Ecclesiae
Renovationem: Decree on priestly training, (1965) Reiterated
that the Fathers of the Synod have pursued the work begun by the
Council of Trent in the renewal of the program for the formation of
9. Decree on priestly formation. Vatican II
(NCCB), 4th edition, 1992.
10. Ad Catholici Sacerdotii:
Pope Pius XI
11. Potissimum Institutioni: Directives
on formation of religious institutes. Congregation for
institutes of consecrated life and societies of apostolic life.
12. The Virgin Mary in intellectual and spiritual
formation. Redemptoris Mater. John Paul II (1987). Letter from
the Congregation for Catholic Education, Rome, 25 March 1988, by
William Cardinal Baum
13. Catholic Bishops Conference of the
Philippines. Act and Decrees of the Second Plenary Council of the
Philippines, Manila. PCP II, 1992
1. Schuth, Katarina. 1989. Reason for Hope,
the Future of Roman Catholic Theologates. An extensive study of
2. ______________. 1999. Seminaries,
Theologates and the Future of Church Ministries.
John Vianney Theological Seminary of the Archdiocese of Denver; "New
Venture in Evangelization".
4. The Redemptoris Mater
seminaries of the Neocathecumenal way.
5. Our Lady of
Guadalupe Seminary of the Fraternity of St. Peter founded by the
Holy See in 1988.
6. "Madonna House" in Canada
St. Gregory the Great Seminary in the Diocese of Lincoln, Denver.
8. ACCUS Theological Institute, a school of ministry and
theology established primarily for the training of priests and
deacons for service in the U.S. The American Catholic Church in the
9. Hemrich, Eugene F. and James J. Walsh.
1993. Seminaries in the Nineties - a national study of
seminarians in theology. Washington, DC: National Catholic